CultureWorks attended Bread & Roses' February 7th info session for their Future Fund and Racial & Economic Justice Fund grant programs. Here is a summary of some of the most salient points. If you are interested in applying, please check out their website for more information and email email@example.com with any questions. Applications are due March 1, 2018.
- Who can apply? Grantees must be engaged in constituent-led community organizing, meaning
- Leadership reflects the constituencies affected
- Goal is institutional or systemic change
- See their definition & grant eligibility requirements
- Which fund should I apply to? The Future Fund for initiatives in development and the Racial & Economic Justice Fund for campaigns with clear goals and tactics.
- The Future Fund (FF) is a $5K award. The Racial & Economic Fund (REJ) is a $10K award.
- Email the B&R staff if you have questions. In the past, organizations that are better qualified for the FF have applied for REJ and have been rejected.
- How do I apply? Applications must be submitted through their online system. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Write your application on your computer (i.e., in Word and Excel). The platform has some bugs, and previous applicants have lost information.
- Apply early and email the staff with questions. They are happy to help and even review submitted applications to make sure they are complete. However, they may not be able to accommodate requests very close to the deadline.
Also, mark your calendar - CultureWorks will be partnering with Vision Driven Artists Grant Writing Part II workshop for artists and arts organizations! On Thursday. February 28, from 6:00 - 8:00pm we will:
--Review aspects of a strong grant proposal
--Practice writing an actual grant
--Receive feedback on your draft proposal*
*Bring 1-2 pages of any draft or completed grant proposal if you want personal feedback)
FEBRUARY 9, 2018